Sunday, April 24, 2011

Neil Gaiman Audio Book Contest

Just the other day I got an interesting little email from one of my friends. It turns out that a company called Book Perks if putting on a contest with Harper Collins where the winner can land a role in the upcoming audio book of American Gods. At first I didn't think much of it because contests can be really tricky but one big thing about this one is that you submit a sample reading and the top 20 entries with the most votes will go on to the next round. I don't have much of a chance but there is still a possibility!
So my entry is up, I did my recording and submitted it before I listened to any of the other entries and on quality alone I think I have a decent chance though there are some other amazing entries that have been posted up. Now the tricky part is how to get the votes. Right now I'm up to 60 votes but I think I'll need around 500 votes to be in the top 20. The contest ends on 05/02/2011 so if you're reading this and it isn't too late do me a huge favor and throw a vote my way. Thanks!

http://neilgaiman.bookperk.com/engine/Details.aspx?p=V&c=29933&s=7893616

No comments:

Post a Comment