Thursday, March 19, 2009

Latin Networking

Random events are fantastic. There are plenty that are complete duds but the ones that go well entirely make up for it.

Stuff @ Night was holding an event at Macy's and based on the regular promise of free alcohol and the potential for fun times I decided to show up. The group was squeezed into a section of the men's department in the store and when I showed up they already had some alcohol flowing and the DJ spinning some music.
The fun factor apparently hadn't been booked for the night.

Small amounts of beer in plastic cups is not good, sprite with water is even worse.

Getting a bunch of guys together to watch a men's fasion show is not a good idea. In fact from now on I demand that all men's fashion shows be co-ed. I want to see how well the clothes will make me look when I am standing next to a hot girl.

Networking events work well when people are getting together to make new connections and talk with people that they don't normally communicate with. If you meet with a bunch of people that you spent last Thursday with you aren't networking.

No comments:

Post a Comment